CLASSIC MYTHOLOGY AT QUINTA DA REGALEIRA
By Associação CLENARDUS
"Myths in Regaleira" is a unique opportunity to walk through Quinta da Regaleira following in the footsteps of Greco-Roman mythology. Gods, heroes, and monsters will be the characters of the two thematic visits prepared by the Clenardus Association and led by Sergio Franclim, author of several books on mythology... Shall we search for Zeus and other gods at Regaleira?
AN INITIATIC JOURNEY WITH ORPHEUS
3 JUN and 5 AUG 2023 | 11:00 am
Orpheus, son of Apollo, was a poet and an excellent lyre player. One day, after his beloved wife died, he descended into the Underworld to rescue her from death. With the music he played, Orpheus enchanted Cerberus, the guardian of the Underworld, and thus entered the realm of the dead... Based on this myth, we will explore Quinta da Regaleira, seeking to discover the myth of Orpheus and others from Greco-Roman mythology.
A WALK WITH GOD APOLLO
8 JUL and 2 SEP 2023 | 11:00 am
Apollo, god of the Sun, beauty, arts, and prophecy, was one of the most revered gods in antiquity. As soon as he was born, he fought the monster Typhon, and then founded his temple in the city of Delphi. Here, the most famous oracle was born, where all people went to learn about the future. With the mission of finding the god Apollo, we will walk through Quinta da Regaleira, uncovering other gods and myths.
Tickets available at: Quinta da Regaleira Ticket Office, regaleira.byblueticket.pt and Blueticket sale points
Duration: 90 minutes approx.
Comfortable shoes advised
AGENDA 2023 | ACCESS RULES (THEMATIC VISITS)
· Minors under 3 years of age are not allowed in the shows, in accordance with paragraph b) of art. 25 of Decree-Law No. 23/2014 of 14 February;
· No public entry is allowed after the start time of the visit;
· No photography, audio or video recording of any kind is allowed without prior authorisation from the Fundação Cultursintra FP;
· The use of mobile phones or other electronic equipment is not allowed during the visit, and they must be kept silent;
· Eating and/or drinking is not allowed during the visit;
· Smoking is not allowed in Quinta da Regaleira, except in the designated areas;
· The refund of the ticket will only be made in the cases provided for in art. 9 of Decree-Law No. 23/2014 of 14 February, there will be no refund in case of delay by the public;
· The visit takes place with a minimum of 5 participants;
· The ticket must be kept until the end of the visit.
NOTICE | If the weather conditions are not favourable for the visit, Fundação Cultursintra FP reserves the right to cancel the visit, safeguarding the rescheduling of tickets for another date or respective reimbursement (Decree-Law n. 23/2014 of 14 February).
Photo: Quinta da Regaleira, by Nuno Antunes